SalesFocus Solutions Privacy Statement as of December 12, 2022
SalesFocus Solutions is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This SalesFocus Solutions’ Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) describes our privacy practices. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully to learn how we collect, use, share and otherwise process information relating to individuals (“Personal Data”), and to learn about your rights and choices regarding our processing of your Personal Data. A reference to “SalesFocus Solutions,” “we,” “us” or the “Company” is a reference to SalesFocus Solutions, Inc.
Personal Data we may collect from you
The Personal Data that we collect directly from you includes the following:
- If you express an interest in obtaining additional information about our services, request customer support, use our “Contact Us, ” “Demo” or similar features, register to use our websites, sign up for an event, or webinar, or download certain content, we may require that you provide to us your contact information, such as your name, job title, company name, address, phone number, email address or username and password;
- If you attend an event, we may upon your consent obtain your business card or capture information such as your name, title, company name, address, phone number, and email address;
- If you register for an online webinar or client community forum that we host, we may ask you to provide your name, title, company name, address, phone number, and email address;
- If you use and interact with our websites, we automatically collect log files and other information about your device and your usage of our websites through cookies or similar technologies, such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or other identifiers;
- Any Personal Data or other information you choose to submit in communities, forums, blogs, or chat rooms on our websites may be read, collected, and used by others who visit these forums; and
- If you visit our offices, you may be required to register as a visitor and to provide your name, email address, phone number, company name, and time and date of arrival.
Personal Data we collect from other sources
We also collect information about you from other sources, including third parties from whom we have purchased Personal Data, and combine this information with Personal Data provided by you. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers and create more tailored advertising to provide services that may be of interest to you. In particular, we collect Personal Data from the following sources such as third-party providers of business contact information which might include mailing addresses, job titles, email addresses, and phone numbers, for purposes of targeted advertising, delivering relevant email content, webinar, and event promotion.
Device and usage data we process
As is common with most websites, we use common information-gathering tools, such as log files, cookies, and similar technologies to automatically collect information that may contain Personal Data from your computer or mobile device as you navigate our websites or interact with emails we have sent to you. You may opt out from the collection of device and usage data by managing your cookies at the individual browser level.
Security and where we store your personal data
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access and use. As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to us. We cannot guarantee complete security, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. We will continue to revise policies and implement additional security features as new technologies become available. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storage, and processing. Once we receive your personal data, we use appropriate security measures to seek to prevent unauthorized access.
Uses made of your personal data
We do not sell or rent your contact information to any third-party marketers nor do we typically provide onward transfers of your personal data. We use your personal data that we hold to:
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- Carry out our obligations providing services to you or in relation to clients we both have responsibilities to;
- We may be required by law or litigation to disclose your personal information;
- We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, the disclosure is necessary;
- Comply with legislation; and/or notify you about changes to our services;
- We may use your personal data to send you information relating to our services. If you do not want us to use your personal data in this way, please notify us to that effect. We keep your personal data for varying periods according to our retention policies.
Links to other sites
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those websites, please note that those websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies.
Your rights relating to your Personal Data
You have certain rights relating to your Personal Data, subject to local data protection laws. Depending on the applicable laws and, in particular, these rights may include:
- To access your Personal Data held by us (right to access);
- To rectify inaccurate Personal Data and, taking into account the purpose of processing the Personal Data, ensure it is complete (right to rectification);
- To erase/delete your Personal Data, to the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws (right to erasure; right to be forgotten);
- To restrict our processing of your Personal Data, to the extent permitted by law (right to restriction of processing);
- To transfer your Personal Data to another controller, to the extent possible (right to data portability);
- To object to any processing of your Personal Data carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests (right to object). Where we process your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes or share it with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, you can exercise your right to object at any time to such processing without having to provide any specific reason for such objection;
- As described above, we may also process Personal Data in the role of a processor (see the “Responsible Salesforce entity” section above). If your data has been submitted to us by a Salesforce customer and you wish to exercise any rights you may have under applicable data protection laws, please inquire with the applicable customer directly. Because we may only access a customer’s data upon instruction from that customer, if you wish to make your request directly to us, please provide us with the name of the Salesforce customer who submitted your data to us. We will refer your request to that customer and will support them as needed in responding to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
- If you are a resident of California, under the age of 18, and have registered for an account with us, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to our websites. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, because, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another visitor to our websites.
- If we process your Personal Data to send you marketing communications, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of our marketing emails.
We comply with the Privacy Shield’s Principle regarding accountability for onward transfers. We are liable under the Principles if our onward transfer recipients process Personal Data in a manner inconsistent with the Principles unless we prove that we were not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, SalesFocus Solutions commits to resolving complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact SalesFocus Solutions at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail us at: SalesFocus Solutions, 2401 Kerner Boulevard, San Rafael, CA 94901. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, under certain conditions, you may have the possibility to engage in binding arbitration through the Privacy Shield Panel.
SalesFocus Solutions has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning non-human resources data transferred from the EU in the context of the employment relationship.
Our commitments under the Privacy Shield are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the United States Federal Trade Commission.
Changes to this policy
We reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time at our sole discretion. If we make any changes, we will post those changes to our website www.sfsmars.com so that you can see what information we gather, how we might use that information, and in what circumstances we may disclose it. As long as we have obligations (i) to provide services to you or (ii) in relation to clients we both have responsibilities to or (iii) arising from any contracts entered into between you and us after we post any such changes, you accept and agree to this Policy as modified.